Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Rare Love (Sadly)

It's sad now a days what's going on in our world when it comes to being a mother. The responsibility is being taken as a joke. Being 16 and pregnant in the new fad. A pregnant belly or baby on your hip is the new purse. It breaks my heart when finding a dedicated mother is rare.
I know that being a mother is my pride and joy. I will never be able to explain to anyone how deep my love is for my precious Luke. I can just gaze at him while he is sleeping and begin to cry at the thought of how much I love him. How every moment in his life is amazing. Every event I get to be involved in. First tooth, first step, first potty by himself, first time he dressed him self, and coming up soon his first day of Pre-K. I know 100% that when God made me, He wanted me to be a mommy <3 But when I see mother's who could honestly care less, my heart mourns. I am so thankful to the mother's who put thought into their decisions. Who pay attention to their children. Who love unconditionally!!

There are many different kinds of mom's. There are of course the mom who is blessed enough to birth their children. Those who are able to adopt poor children who no longer have a family member to take care of them. And one that has recently happened in my life, and it really just warms my heart. Mom's by choice. I can see God taking place so strongly in their lives. It's a family that has had some sad events but they have stepped up and gone over and beyond what normal families would. Your name doesn't have to be mom for you to be a mother. It can be "aunt, grandmother, sister".



I feel so blessed to be a mother. I will always be thankful for the mother figures in my life. I will always try to be the best mother God wants me to be. :) With Him giving me the guidance, strength, love and patience I know I am working closer to that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment