Tuesday, August 2, 2011

4 Wheels on Shoes

So Luke and I went skating for the first time together :)
He didn't quite understand the concept when we were on the way there. I had showed him a video on youtube
but of course the only one's they had were of people doing tricks and that might have freaked him out a bit. lol

However once we got there and he saw all his friends, we couldn't get on his skates fast enough!! Luckily they had the ones that just fit over toddler's shoes. I think it gave him a bit of extra grip. It made him feel more in control. I was worried about his feet shifting around and losing his balance easier.











  Hahaha, in this picture he is totally thinking, " COME ON MOMMY I JUST WANNA SKATE!" lol


So after multiple tries with finding the right size for me, we were finally out on the floor. I was a bit rusty and Luke was still feeling the whole thing out. We creeped into the middle section that was kid friendly. He had a death grip on me for a bit but as soon as he saw his friends he was gone! I have to admit, it made me sad a bit. To see my big boy who is ready to go out there and explore without Mommy. :( But I was so proud of him. He had the biggest smile on and was having such a blast. The first few times he fell, his little world came down crashing with him but I quickly showed him that if he was ok to just shake it off, jump up and try again.









We were there with our church and had shown up a bit late, big mistake because the hour and half we were there was clearly not enough time for this kid!! We had quite a melt down leaving. All the kids did in fact.







However I promised we would go again, and he actually added that to the list of things he wants to do with Daddy once he is back at home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment