Saturday, July 2, 2011

Deployment

After searching for you for 23 years, 7 months shouldn't feel like a thing. However, after God finally blessing you with your soul mate 7 months just feels like another life time.

My husband Danny is currently deployed on the USS Bush. Every day I can feel the distance growing between us through the sea and the time change. It's such a helpless feeling being away from the one you love and having no control over it. I knew when I married him that he was going to be leaving soon and that our first year as a married couple would be spent thousands of miles away, but I also knew I didn't want to be any where else then here in Virginia waiting anxiously for his return.

You can call it cheesy. You can call it gushy. You can call it whatever you want but I know in my heart, body, mind and soul that he is the one God made for me. He is the one that inspires me to be a better person. He is the one that makes me happier than I have ever been. He is the one that teaches me what a man of God should be. He is the one that loves our son with his all. He is the one that I know years from now will still love me as much as he does today. He is our family.

I'm a stranger to 'unconditional love', to a 'normal family', to a healthy relationship. I have had two people to look up to in those categories, my amazing grandparents. My whole life I have always said that I want a love like theirs. Over 40 years later and they still gaze into each others eyes. They still enjoy each others company. They still want to grow old together. How truly amazing is that?! It's so sad now a days to see the surprise look on people's face when they hear that a couple has been happily married for 10 years. I know that in my amazing husband I will get to be one of those rare who get to smile and share their 50th wedding anniversary together.



I am so beyond proud of my Sailor. I have never known a man who works so hard. Even on the days he wants to retreat to being a civilian again, he still puts his all. Again a rare trait now a days. While he is miles away floating in the middle of a sea, risking his life, I can smile knowing that he is thinking about us the whole time. We are so blessed to have such an amazing man. Thank you God.




No comments:

Post a Comment