Sunday, July 10, 2011

Perfect Timing.... As Always

I knew that this deployment wasn't going to be easy. That there would be good days, hard days, terrible days and even happy days. So far I have had all of those for sure. Well it wasn't until I found a church called Harvest online, that my days started leaning towards the positive more often.

God truly is amazing and spoke to me directly in that first sermon I was at. I had found everything I had been searching for in a church home. Contemporary music. A relate able pastor. Friendly people. Great child care. And the Holy Ghost was insanely present. That very first Sunday I found my self so overwhelmed I broke down into tears twice. I knew at that moment I was where He had been trying to lead me to.

I wanted to throw my self in. I did unfortunately get scared a few times, finding my self driving to Harvest dropping Luke off in the nursery, then freaking out and leaving. I'm not sure exactly why I got scared. I have always been a very outgoing person. Meeting new people has never bothered me. Clearly the devil was trying to pull me away as hard as he could. Sadly he won those two times, but I beat him the night of the "New Comer's Coffee" and it has only been up hill from there.

I have met amazing friends!! Luke finally has other boys to play with (poor kid, growing up as the only boy in a world of 8 girls) not to mention they are his age! And to top it off the parents have turned into some of the most amazing friends I have ever had!

Luke and I have experienced our first baseball game together :)
































Our first beach trips together!! :)



The beach with our friends :)












 We also had a blast with our friends during the 4th of July.






I have been so happy the past month and a half. With such amazing people around me that I know I will be friends for a long time with and also be brother and sister with in Heaven. Thank you to you all, you will never know what your friendship means to me and Luke. Danny is so grateful to you all. I look forward to 5 more months of great times. And meeting more wonderful people. <3

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget about the one "girl" friend he has made.... I mean he's already kissed her on the mouth and all... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, He could never forget about Sophia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO happy for you and Luke to have found the perfect church and church family! Such a blessing! Stay strong in your faith! I love to hear how things are looking up and so great!! Praying things stay that way <3

    ReplyDelete